Medicine Man: Weuchsowagam
Chief: I shall now recite the virtues of the Arrow of Light Award which are represented by these seven candles.
- Faith: Is when you can believe in something without the need for physical proof or evidence that it is true.
- Wisdom: means not always being the smartest, but putting the knowledge you have to the right use.
- Self-Control: is not just for your temper, but the way you behave with all things you do and the way you treat everyone you meet each day.
- Hope: is believing in the future; that what must be can be, for the better; and that you can make a difference.
- Love: is caring more about the ones you love than yourself, your family, friends, other people, your home and Country and most of all God.
- Justice: is when you treat everyone just how you want to be treated; fairly and without regard to who they are, where they are from or what they believe in.
- Courage: doesn’t mean you don’t know when to be afraid, but that you do what you must in spite of your fears.